Friday, August 28, 2015

Acupuncture Fan Club

Our blind girl Hiker has now had three sessions of acupuncture and if there is an acupuncture fan club, we would be card carrying members!

Looking at Hiker now it is amazing to see the improvement.  From a dog who was in severe pain and had difficulty moving, to a dog that was on four medications...to a dog that is now off all medications and is playing and goofing around.  All in a short three weeks!

When we initially went to the veterinarian acupuncturist, she said that we would see an improvement quickly and that she wanted Hiker off her medications as soon as possible.  I'll admit, I was a little skeptical knowing how much pain Hiker was in before the medications started working. 

The veterinarian acupuncturist expects that Hiker will need the occasional treatment for the remainder of her life.  Likely every month or two.  For now, our Hiker is back to normal.  

feeling good!

Acupuncture is something that we would highly recommend to anyone who is considering an alternative to medication.  Maybe it won't work for every situation but we are thrilled with the results we obtained.  

Next, deaf Trail will be visiting the acupuncturist to see if it may help with the stiff gait in his back legs.

5 comments:

  1. Acupuncture....we'll keep that in mind. So happy it's working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! So happy for Hiker - and you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sent an email to my vet to ask about this as an option. We will see what he says!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such great news! The hubs and I go about every month for acupuncture but I've never taken a dog. My sis did it with her dog though and her dog really enjoyed it too and seemed to benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Makes me wish I did it with Cocoa at the end, when he couldn't move well.
    So glad Hiker is back to her happy self -- and I know how much that must make you smile!

    ReplyDelete