Monday, December 10, 2012

Where's my shoe?!

Let me set the scene for you.  Monday morning, 5:20 a.m.  It's very dark outside, temperature around 2C/35F and rainy.  I'm getting ready to leave for work and can't find my other shoe.

Me:  Where's my shoe?  Have you seen my black shoe?

Brook (blind and partly deaf):  Your...uh...dock glue?

Me:  MY BLACK SHOE.


Brook:  Oh, I dunno.  I thought you said dock glue.  Do we even have dock glue?  It's probably with the camping stuff.  Hmmmm...where is the camping stuff? We should go camping again.

Me:  Breeze?  Where's my shoe?

Breeze (blind, exuberant eight month old puppy): HI!  Here I am.  HI!!


Me:  Did you take my shoe?

Breeze:  HI!!


Me: Hiker, do you have my shoe?

Hiker (blind and if she could be giggling, she would be):  I haven't seen it!

Me:  I'm coming in your crate.  I need my shoe.


Hiker is wagging her tail and wiggling as I reach in, feel around and discover my shoe underneath her.

Me:  Hiker....

Hiker (blind):  I said I hadn't SEEN it!

Yup, a funny bunch and we're still keeping the fun in dysfunctional.

Sunday afternoon I went visiting the neighbors to drop off some dog biscuits I had made.  I wasn't going to be long.  Just a few minutes.  I won't crate.  They'll be fine, right?  Wrong!



I'm not sure how many of the little candy canes got eaten.  Nobody seemed to be feeling any ill effects so I'm not even sure who ate them.  I went to each of them and tried to smell their breath.  Who smells like candy cane?!

That's a little hand held vacuum that they ripped the lid of the box off.  I wonder if they were thinking they could clean up and I wouldn't notice.  The other casualty was a cardboard produce basket.  

Next time I shall crate.

The dog biscuits I delivered?  Very much appreciated and well received.  More on those tomorrow for Tasty Tuesday!

28 comments:

  1. Oh dear, trouble in paradise at your place! I steal underwear sometimes but now in the winter I prefer to steal mom's gloves and get them all slobbery wet :) Stopping by from the blog hop to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by! Blind Hiker has always liked to collect winter wear too, she'll store mitts and hats in her crate along with footwear.

      Delete
  2. OMG, my question is this, is there only one mischief maker or do they all go in on it together? I know Delilah is the only one at my place, I can just picture Sampson rolling his eyes when she gets on a tear! LOL

    (And I apologize for the identification, for some reason I can only comment on blogger using my google account.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, likely Forest was the ringleader on this, but that's only a guess. Honestly, they are a very good bunch except for when they are unsupervised! That bag of candy canes has been in my work bag for the past four days! geez.

      Delete
  3. hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    HA!
    Oh, I can SO relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before you had Ray, would you ever had thought that a blind dog could get into so much mischief?! I know I never would have.

      Delete
  4. Those troublemakers! Yah, if I had 6 cattle dogs I think I'd have 6 crates at the ready at all times too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not like that! Honest. They are good pups who only get into mischief when bored and alone. It was a lousy weather day which contributed to the misbehavin'.

      Delete
  5. Lol - that's hilarious! Actually, I'm just glad I am not alone to leave the room and come back to something being missing or destroyed. Even Blueberry has joined in the destruction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya...hilarious. Even funnier was me crawling around on the floor picking up the intact candy canes while the pack "helped" and wondered what I was muttering about.

      Delete
    2. It's ALWAYS funny when that happens to someone else. ;)

      Delete
    3. I knew it! I just knew that's what you were thinking!

      Delete
  6. What sweet pups!! (Even though they are a little mischievious!) At least they tried to clean up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, they tried at least. Interesting thing though, I never did find the lid to the box. I think somebody ate it!

      Delete
  7. Woof! Woof! Oh my what have you done ... Happy Monday Mischief. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were trying to get into the Christmas spirit!!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like they were fine to us. Just found some entertainment. SHE had a wolfhound that used to walk past the Christmas tree and take a candy cane! Ate it paper in all. never any problem.

    Love Hiker! SHE worked with blind kids and they'd always say they hadn't seen something....and laugh.

    XXXOOO Daisy, bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it seems that candy canes are not causing any ill effects but of course, that will not be encouraged!

      It's so important to keep a sense of humor, especially at 5:30 in the morning. Hiker is the collector and it all ends up in her crate.

      Delete
  9. Ut Oh...the only thing we steal is any decoration that looks like a dog toy hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine the chaos if we had a tree and decorations!

      Delete
  10. They just wanted minty fresh breath is all. That's all anybody wants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't smell all that minty fresh, I tried to smell them to find out who ate them but didn't have much luck!

      Delete
  11. Whenever something like this happens, I tell myself it could have been worse! ;-) Consider yourself lucky if your shoe was still in one piece. I'm glad no one got an upset tummy from the candy canes!

    Susan and Wrigs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, it coulda been WAY worse! To me, this is minor, something to chuckle about. I almost expect things like this, it's what can happen with a pack!

      Delete
  12. BOL funny story :) Glad you found your shoe in the end hehe
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cotton! You probably never ever do stuff like that do ya?!

      Delete
  13. Fun story...and totally doggy! Just when you think "no crate today" we loving dogs show you why we love are crates! They're an excellent place to hide shoes!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, you'd think after all these years I'd learn! But I was only going to be gone for a few minutes... Ha ha, famous last words!

      Delete