Saturday, November 10, 2012

Family Portrait

I often think of how nice it would be to have a picture of all the dogs together.  The whole pack.  All seven, sitting nicely, facing the camera, you know, a four-legged family portrait.  I can dream, can't I? 

Shortly after adopting Azule, I got this picture.



Recently I tried yet again because I really want a picture of the whole pack together.  (Please note that Callie is not included in any of these pictures due to her, ummmm, ah...how shall I put it...her in-charge attitude, yes you could use the "b" word.  She is without a doubt a very sweet and loving dog but she has issues, one of which is a strong desire to discipline others when she thinks they are not listening.  If told to sit and they don't or they move from a stay, Callie will go after them. More about her another time.)

So, let's get three blind dogs (one is also partly deaf), a deaf dog and two others to all sit still and face the camera all at the same time and not yawn, not look goofy and stay still for a few minutes.  Easy!  Except for the fact that blind Hiker wandered away for a nap on the porch.  I called her, she came, sat and then got up and left as I was getting Breeze to sit and stay.  Forgot to tell Hiker to stay.  Called Hiker back, she is now acting deaf.  By the time I get Hiker back over to the deck, blind puppy Breeze has wandered off somewhere.  She hasn't quite got the whole sit and stay until released thing. Off to get Breeze, Hiker leaves again for her nap.  

Azule, who is deaf, saw a squirrel so the chase is on.  Not one to miss out on something that much fun, Forest is right behind her.  Blind and partly deaf Brook is not sure what is going on but she's following them.  Throughout all this, the one constant is Bill.  His butt never left that spot on the deck.  Told to stay, he'll stay.  As long as he can see me. 


"Is that big puppy still right beside me?"




Breeze: "If I crouch down, I won't look so big."


This one was taken a few weeks ago.  Too much shadow but at least it proves it can be done.


We'll keep trying.

12 comments:

  1. I think this is awesome...I have 2 mind you 2 and I can't get them to pose for the camera for the life of me. That's why all our photos of them together are all natural!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few choice words muttered let me tell ya!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11/10/2012

    Oh, my goodness Breeze is getting big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big? We use the word huge! She's only about seven months old, still not done growing....

      Delete
  3. Well done...there's only three of us and we usually have lots of growly voice, waving of treats and take about 50 pictures to get one!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good with the sit and stay, well, good enough! Sometimes making a noise to get the blind ones to "look" causes them to come to me, so then we start all over again!

      Delete
  4. The pics are great, it's amazing that all of the dogs are facing the same direction!
    I tried to video my two on long leashes in the snow the other day & it wasn't pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got a collection of videos and photos that are like that! I sometimes think that for every one there are about a dozen that are no good.

      Delete
  5. Wow....my three would never do that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all those mischievous faces! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great-looking bunch of pups. Breeze is starting to look like she's got some great dane in her. Wouldn't that be fun(ny)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you're not the first to suggest great dane...I'm hearing that more as she keeps getting bigger. She's only seven months old, so we'll see!

      Delete